Monday, January 11, 2010

My Goal For The New Year

Alrighty, so Ryan and I came up with our little blog about this time last year. Well, we came up with the name for it this time last year and I had a new year's resolution to have a blog. As you can see I didn't get too far; not even one post.

So, this year I have set out again and made a 2010 resolution to be a blogger. Mostly after being inspired by the movie Julie and Julia. Incidentally, great flick you should snag a copy out of the red box. Anyway, I just spent about fifteen minutes finding my blog again (Ryan really liked the old name), another twenty minutes or so spiffing it up with a fun little template, another five to ten finding a good picture of us, an additional one or two getting our welcome message text right, and now here I am around 45 minutes later and remembering why this was so hard last year: I hate blogging!

What does one write about on these things? Most of my friends write about their kids (which is awesome!), but alas all we have is our cat Ranger. And Ryan made it very clear that I was not allowed to do two things: put Ranger on our Christmas Card or write about him on our blog. I think he has some sort of deep rooted fear that "the masses" out there that read our until now non-existent blog, might get the impression that we're over the top cat people. I dunno.

So now I'm back at square one...maybe I'll think of something later...or maybe something exciting will happen today and I can tell you all about it tomorrow! Here's hoping!

Oh, PS - I thought I should maybe set the bar low. So, my 2010 goal is at least one post a week. Keep your fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

#1) Shocking that u actually posted!
#2) I will not add you as a link in MY blog until you have posted regularly for at least a month...maybe two. (I had your blog on there LAST year and finally took it off after NO POSTS for like 6 months...hey, I held out hope for a long time man.)
#3) Where DID you get this FABULOUS template!!!???

Ryan and Steph said...

Hmm...that's a good question, I think I just typed in "Blogger Templates" on google and it was on one of the first few sites to come up? I think that holding out on me is fair, I can only one day hope to achieve Sarah's blog status again.

Ryan and Steph said...

Oh, oh I just realized if you click on "Blogger Themes" at the bottom of this page it takes you there yippee!

Post a Comment