Thursday, April 28, 2011

Captivated Again..(Captivating by Stasi Elderidge)

Hi all,

I just finished rereading Captivating by Stasi Elderidge, and was again reminded of how great it is, and what a needed message it has for women. If you are a woman then I think you might need this book. Here's a snippet:

"Every woman I've ever met feels it --- something deeper than just the sense of failing at what she does. An underlying, gut feeling of failing at who she is. I am not enough and I am too much at the same time. Not pretty enough, not thin enough, not kind enough, not gracious enough, not disciplined enough. But too emotional, too needy, too sensitive, too strong, too opinionated, too messy. The result is Shame, the universal companion of women. It haunts us, nipping at our heels, feeing on our deepest fear that we will end up abandoned and alone..."

If any of this quote resonates with you then I think you'll get something out of Stasi's book. Her premise is that: every woman's heart longs for three things: to be romanced, an irreplaceable role in a great adventure, and beauty to unveil. She spends the book unpacking these three things driving home the point that God loves us deeply, something I think we always need reminded of! I left this book with a sense of God's love for me and new insights into what womanhood is all about, even on the second time through!

0 comments:

Post a Comment